Public Protectors Franchise Advantage Award Official Rules and Qualifications
The Public Protectors Franchise Advantage (PPFA) program was developed to recognize the contributions to society that have been made by those serving in law enforcement and firefighting. After a career serving in challenging and life-threatening situations, many firefighters and law enforcement officers are able to retire early or choose to leave the service for personal lifestyle reasons. However, many choose to continue using their leadership expertise through a second career as franchise owners.
PPFA awards a 20% discount on the initial franchise fee for the base territory (100,000 population) for qualified future franchisees looking to open a franchise within The Dwyer Group’s family of brands: Aire Serv®, Glass Doctor®, Mr. Appliance®, Mr. Electric®, Mr. Rooter®, Rainbow International®, and The Grounds Guys®.
In celebration of PPFA’s launch in March 2012, The Dwyer Group® is accepting nominations to award a franchise to a qualified public protector. Please recognize former law enforcement officers and firemen in your life by nominating them for this award and helping them transition into a rewarding second season of their lives. Self-nomination is encouraged.
Official Rules and Qualifications for PPFA Award
The Dwyer Group would like to award the waiver of the Initial Franchise Fee for one (1) base level franchise from one of its franchise brands to a qualifying individual in recognition of the inception of the PPFA (the "PPFA Award"). Nominations will be accepted from March 20, 2012 until October 1, 2012 at www.leadingtheserviceindustry.com. The nominations will be reviewed against the Minimum Qualifications listed below with the winner being selected by the PPFA Award Panel on or about November 1, 2012. The PPFA Award winner will receive the waiver of the Initial Franchise Fee for a base level (100,000 population) franchise which value, depending on the Franchise Brand selected, will range from $26,000 to $29,500.
Minimum Qualifications of the Future Franchisee:
1. Must currently be or have been a full-time law enforcement official or firefighter in good standing and have served in such capacity for a minimum of two (2) years.
2. Must exhibit, to the satisfaction of the applicable Franchisor, the financial wherewithal to open and operate a franchise.
3. Depending on the Franchise Brand chosen, the required cash available of the Future Franchisee is a minimum of $60,000-$130,000.
4. If currently employed, the Future Franchisee must be contractually able and willing to leave their current job to devote full-time energy and efforts to the franchise.
5. Must have the necessary license (if required by applicable law) to operate the particular franchise.
6. Must exhibit management and leadership capabilities to run the franchise to the satisfaction of the Franchisor.
7. All credit and background checks must be approved by the Franchisor.
8. Applications will be submitted and reviewed. There will be a three (3) person panel (the "PPFA Award Panel") comprised of the Executive Vice President and the Vice President, Franchise Development of The Dwyer Group, Inc. and the President of the applicable Franchise Offering desired by the Future Franchisee, that will review the nominations, applications and qualifications of each nominee, then a final decision will be made. The PPFA Award Panel reserves the right, in its sole discretion, whether or not to bestow the PPFA Award upon any individual in the pool of nominees submitted by the October 1, 2012 deadline.