Mike Bidwell – About the Dwyer Group Company – Transcript
Hello, my name is Mike Bidwell. I’m the Chief Executive Officer at the Dwyer Group. My first eleven years with the company was as a franchisee, ultimately operating three of the brands concurrently. Doing so was a very rewarding experience and I firmly believe there are few opportunities like it for personal growth.
So as you may imagine, operating and building a franchise business is near and dear to my heart, and I think there’s a certain respect that business owners have for one another for having shared the experience of enterprise.
As for the Dwyer Group, it’s based in Waco, Texas. This is also known as the Heart of Texas, because it’s midway between Dallas and Austin. Due to its unique location, the legendary Texas Rangers chose Waco for their home in the 1800s. With a county population of around a quarter million, Waco provides a nice balance for commerce and lifestyle.
The Dwyer Group is the parent company for several franchise companies. These companies are generally positioned as premium providers of specialty services in the maintenance and repair sector. Currently our brands include:
- Rainbow International, providing primarily water and fire restoration services
- Mr. Rooter Plumbing, providing drain cleaning and plumbing repair services
- Aire Serv, providing heating and air conditioning maintenance, repair, and replacement services
- Mr. Electric, providing electrical repair and enhancement services
- Mr. Appliance, providing residential appliance repair and dryer vent cleaning services
- Glass Doctor, providing glass repair and replacement for autos, homes, and businesses
- The Grounds Guys, providing lawn and landscape maintenance services including snow and ice removal
- Five Star Painting, providing painting services to a variety of residential and commercial clients
Having all of these brands under one parent company affords us advantages that stand-alone companies just don’t have. We’re a values-driven company. At the Dwyer Group, values are more than just words on a piece of paper. They’re the fabric of who we are; they shape our actions; they’re the rules by which we live and work every day – and because of that, I think you’ll find the culture at the Dwyer Group is truly unique and refreshing.
Given the kinds of businesses we’re in, we believe starting with a strong core is vital to your success. If you agree, you may be a good fit with our company, and I wish you all the best of luck in your pursuit of enterprise.